Friday, June 19, 2009

Graduation Day

The last day of school. I spent it doing paper work, or trying to.

I found out that I have a B in my math class, much better then the F I had a few weeks ago.

I cleaned out the library, something I didn't really want to do.
I emptied my lockers and said my goodbyes. I avoided people, I dodged.

I was consoled by two loving friends, who at the end of the day weren't there. The last person I talked to was Mr. David Waldram. I ended with an A in his class.

I got B's in Science and Math, the other classes I'm sure are just fine. A's of course.

It's 1:13 right now. In 2 hours and 47 minutes graduation will begin. A celebration of the seniors... graduates... last four years of hard work. Their entrance into society.

A U.S. Senator once said that there's a reason why they call these commencement exercises. It is not the end, but rather a new beginning.

I've accepted that this is a new beginning for them, but I know it is not for me, rather it is a twist in the plot.

Today he leaves for nine days, and I will miss him.

I look up and I am watching a beautiful waltz by two dancers. A story of man and woman, forever chasing, forever pushign away, forever conflicting, but still flowing together into one dance. It ends and he has cast her off, and she is reaching out with the saddest look in her face as if grasping for a memory.

I know that I will grasp for a memory. For these memories I wish I could chase after them and relive them. I am smart and logical enough not to, but I know I will feel pain for them. For the fact that they have passed.

My sophomore year has ended. I am an upperclassman.

To you my seniors. Congratulations. I love you. I am proud of you all. Some of you have changed my life amazingly, and you are my role models. When you walk today, even though I may not be there, know that I am walking with you. Know that I am crying out of sadness because I will miss you, as well as crying for sheer joy to know that you will all lead amazing lives.

To those of you about to enter highschool, be brave, I cannot say it will be easy. Rather I tell you it will be hard, but you too, if you take advantage of your time, will also be amazing people one day.

To everyone else, we have yet to enter another chapter, rather we are continuing the one we are in.
Seniors again, Congratulations. It is 1:22 p.m. In 2 hours and 38 minutes, you will begin another chapter.

No comments: