Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Classic Love Stories Of The Modern Day

Girl: Do i ever cross ur mind
Boy: No
Girl: Do you like me?
Boy: Not really
Girl: Do you want me?
Boy: No
Girl: Would you cry if I left?
Boy: No
Girl: Would you live for me?
Boy: No
Girl: Would you do anything for me?
Boy: No
Girl: Choose--me or ur life
Boy: my life
The girl runs away in shock and pain and the boy runs after her and says...
The reason you never cross my mind is because you're always on my mindThe reason why I don't like you is because I love you.The reason I don't want you is because I need you.The reason I wouldn't cry if you left is because I would die if you left.The reason I wouldn't live for you is because I would die for you.The reason why I'm not willing to do anything for you is because I would do everything for you.The reason I chose my life is because you ARE my life.

This is the classic love story that gets passed on from teen to teen through blogs, emails, bulletins. We see this same story continually, some different versions but yes. The girl asking the boy questions to prove his love for her adn each time she says no. She runs off crying. He runs after her, grabs her arm, adn gives a long romantic explanation for each one. We pass this story on only becuase... we wish that this would happen to us... and for you guys you wish that you could find a girl who you'd be willing to do this for.we're only teenagers, but we think we know so much about love. What do we know about love really? Only what we see in the movies and what we've read about in books. We've never really experienced that burning love. We feel attraction, a lust. a close bond of friendship. Maybe this is a type of love, but one that we do not exemplify in this classic story.We can't possibly feel that instant love, because there is no instant love. There is instant attraction and instant lust, but love has to grow and be nurtured. That attraction and lust is like seeds. The conversations and time we spend with that significant other is like water and sunlight. The soil in which they are planted is your heart.
The time you spend with that person could be strong, or weak, thus changing the amount of sunlight the seeds get. You're conversations with them could pull you closer or push you farther apart. there is no instant love, how could there possibly be? You can't say you love someone after knowing them for only a month. You could say that you're attracted to them, and that you might fall in love some day, but you can't say that you love them.
I love you are three of the most powerful words in the world. love being the key to their strength. If you say those words though, without thinking, without knowing, just saying them as if they meant something but knowing that they really are empty then... you just shattered someones heart. Even if they didn't love you, they felt like they could love you.
Maybe someday we could feel a burning love in this story that has been continually passed on, maybe we could feel that way for someone someday, not in just a friendly way, or a brotherly or sisterly way, but truly in a way that would make us see a future with someone. but in the mean time let us content ourselves with passing this love story on, let us be happy in knowing that someday we'll get married, have kids... fall in love. let's just continue on through life taking whatever it throws at us, finishing our homework, doing our jobs. Because love will find us someday. Someday it'll find us all...

No comments: