Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm Confused About Who This Poem Is About

he used to make me smile you know...
a sweet gentle smile. not as if i was happy.
yes.. as if i was happy, but the smile he made me do
was different than a normal smile.
i felt calm and peaceful.
he's a moody guy this friend of mine.
He's so much older than me though.
two maybe three years.
his smile was sweet but it made me smile too.
to see him smile like that.
but most of the time he was moody
he would just stare off at the sky
as if.. he thought...
if he kept staring...
he'd be swept away to some far off place.
i think he had been swept off though
lost in his own thoughts.
i remember looking at the stars with him.
smiling at him
talking to him
laughing with him
both of us different from our friends...
different from each other...
but still so much a like.
the way he took care of me.
he made me feel just a little bit more special.
as if sometimes it was only just him and me.
but... after his 4th year. he's going home.
land of the rising sun.
i've always wanted to go there.
maybe i'll go there someday
see him again
laugh with him
talk with him...
he'll probably scold me again
for being so childish and stubborn
but... i think he likes my childlike qualities
and my stubborn attitude.. sometimes...
i just hope that he misses me when i miss him.
sometimes i wonder what would have happened..
if...

No comments: